Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Ronald G. Louzon" <RG...@aethersystems.com> on 2001/05/23 18:38:18 UTC

NT problem : Tomcat service stops when user logs out of NT

I know this is in the archives somewhere but I cannot find it.

Is there a problem when running the Tomcat wrapper jk_nt_service.exe with
JDK/JRE 1.3?  If I remember correctly, the problem is that if you start the
service and then you log out of NT, the service is shutdown.  And,
supposedly, this is not a problem when using JDK/JRE 1.3.

If this is indeed a problem, are there any suggestions as to how to run
tomcat as a service in the JDK/JRE 1.3 environment?  Has anyone had luck
with the JavaService app?

thanks,
ron

Re: NT problem : Tomcat service stops when user logs out of NT

Posted by egcs12md <eg...@hotmail.com>.
SSL support for Tomcat 3.2.1 with IISYou can compile this c file to DLL:
/*
 cl /GD /LD -I D:\usr\jdk1.3\include -I D:\usr\jdk1.3\include\win32 JNI_OnLoad.c
 */
#include <windows.h>
#include <winbase.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <jni.h>

BOOL WINAPI DllMain(HINSTANCE hinstDLL, DWORD fdwReason, LPVOID lpvReserved) {

   return TRUE;
}

BOOL __stdcall HandleConsole(DWORD dwMsg) {

   switch (dwMsg) {
      file://case CTRL_C_EVENT :
      file://case CTRL_BREAK_EVENT :
      file://case CTRL_CLOSE_EVENT :
      file://case CTRL_SHUTDOWN_EVENT :
      case CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT :
         return TRUE;
   }

   return FALSE;
}

JNIEXPORT jint JNICALL JNI_OnLoad(JavaVM *vm, void *reserved) {

   SetConsoleCtrlHandler(&HandleConsole, TRUE);

   return 0x10002;
}
and add the code to org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap

    static
    {
        try
        {
            System.loadLibrary("DLS");
            System.err.println("Load library 'DLS' success");
        }
        catch(Throwable throwable)
        {
            System.err.println("Load library 'DLS' fail(" + throwable.getMessage() + ")");
        }
    }
Then jvm will discard user logs out of NT signal,good luck !