Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Zdenek Nemec <ze...@mapfactor.com> on 2002/11/12 13:08:21 UTC

xerces and xalan in XercesDOMWrapperParsedSource (xalan-c)

hi
I think this is at least suspicious - class XercesDOMWrapperParsedSource
takes as 1st param DOM_Document instead of DOMDocument introduced in xerces
2 is this correct? why ?

- i need to pass a xerces DOM (created by DOMBuilder) to the xalan  and
after transform i want have result in xerces DOM too.
can anyone help me to do this?

thanks in advance
Zdenek Nemec
nemec@mapfactor.com

ps: anyway xalan 1.4 doesn't seem to me to be correctly integrated with
xerces 2.1 where i can find why xalan use another DOM structure and is
so-hardly-compatible with xerces (ie different strings , diferent classes
for the same purpose... etc) is there any doc about this?

ps2: time ago i ve been asking 'bout vc7 project if they are gonna be a part
of release - i can provide them if u want

Re: xerces and xalan in XercesDOMWrapperParsedSource (xalan-c)

Posted by David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM <da...@us.ibm.com>.

"Zdenek Nemec" <ze...@mapfactor.com> wrote:
> I think this is at least suspicious - class XercesDOMWrapperParsedSource
> takes as 1st param DOM_Document instead of DOMDocument introduced in
xerces
> 2 is this correct? why ?

That class was written for the old DOM.  We haven't finished upgrading
everything to the new DOM.

> - i need to pass a xerces DOM (created by DOMBuilder) to the xalan  and
> after transform i want have result in xerces DOM too.
> can anyone help me to do this?

Using the new Xerces DOM as input will be supported in the next release.
I'm not sure about using it as output -- that's a lot of work and I'm not
really interested in doing it.  You can either transform to serialized XML
and parse it, or write your own FormatterListener derivate.  Look at the
class XMLSupport/FormatterToDOM for a model of how you might write a class
that creates the Xerces DOM on output.

Dave