Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> on 2011/03/02 16:24:24 UTC

Re: 0.10 release update - alpha is cut

On 02/23/2011 02:25 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 02/22/2011 08:21 PM, Justin Ross wrote:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/0.10+Release
>
> One of the things we missed in the last release was having downloads of
> the tools (including the dependencies). Would be nice to get something
> done there this time around if anyone has time to look at it.

There is actually a setup.py already there for these tools, so we should
just be able to use that to create the release artifacts (zip/tarball).

These scripts have dependencies on the python client and also the qmf
console library which is in extras/qmf and also has a setup.py script ready.

Justin, can we include the extra/qmf and tools source dists for beta? Is
there anything else you done in order for that to happen?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: 0.10 release update - alpha is cut

Posted by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com>.
On Wed, 2 Mar 2011, Gordon Sim wrote:

> On 02/23/2011 02:25 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
>> On 02/22/2011 08:21 PM, Justin Ross wrote:
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/0.10+Release
>>
>> One of the things we missed in the last release was having downloads of
>> the tools (including the dependencies). Would be nice to get something
>> done there this time around if anyone has time to look at it.
>
> There is actually a setup.py already there for these tools, so we should just
> be able to use that to create the release artifacts (zip/tarball).
>
> These scripts have dependencies on the python client and also the qmf console
> library which is in extras/qmf and also has a setup.py script ready.
>
> Justin, can we include the extra/qmf and tools source dists for beta? Is
> there anything else you done in order for that to happen?

Yes, thanks for reminding me.  I think it will require only a small change
to the release script.

Justin

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org