Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Jürgen Weber <ju...@jwi.de> on 2014/05/26 11:24:38 UTC

steps to get jspwiki-2.10.1-rc1 running with container managed aut

My steps to get jspwiki-2.10.1-rc1 running with container managed auth:

explode the war to /projekte/jspwiki-2.10.1-rc1/JSPWiki

add
/projekte/apache-tomcat-8.0.8/conf/Catalina/localhost/JSPWiki.xml

<Context path="/JSPWiki"
docBase="/projekte/jspwiki-2.10.1-rc1/JSPWiki">
</Context>

change
/projekte/apache-tomcat-8.0.8/conf/server.xml

  <role rolename="Authenticated"/>
  <role rolename="Admin"/>

  <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat, Admin,
Authenticated"/>

in web.xml enabled CONTAINER-MANAGED AUTHENTICATION & AUTHORIZATION

and

removed all annoying and useless (JSPWIKI-212):
       <user-data-constraint>
       </user-data-constraint>

There should be a

jspwiki-custom.properties.template in the war.

I used this for /projekte/apache-tomcat-8.0.8/lib/jspwiki-custom.properties

jspwiki.applicationName = JSPWiki
jspwiki.baseURL=http://linda:8080/JSPWiki
jspwiki.urlConstructor = ShortViewURLConstructor
jspwiki.pageProvider = VersioningFileProvider
jspwiki.fileSystemProvider.pageDir = /projekte/jspwiki-2.10.1-rc1/wikipages
jspwiki.basicAttachmentProvider.storageDir =
/projekte/jspwiki-2.10.1-rc1/wikipages
#
log4j.appender.FileLog = org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.FileLog.MaxFileSize    = 10MB
log4j.appender.FileLog.MaxBackupIndex = 14
log4j.appender.FileLog.File = /projekte/jspwiki-2.10.1-rc1/jspwiki.log

Re: steps to get jspwiki-2.10.1-rc1 running with container managed aut

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

maybe it's an overkill for home usage, but you can make use of maven's
overlays to generate a new war with your desired web.xml configuration and
other customizations, without having to open and modify JSPWiki war. That
way you could also put your configuration under version control / ci, and
updating the jspwiki version would be as easy as changing the jspwiki-war
dependency version, except in the case of a web.xml modification. All the
war modules inside the jspwiki-it-tests use this technique to build
specific custom war

br,
juan pablo

Posted by Jürgen Weber <ju...@jwi.de>.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
(umlaut in name = get to practice my high school German :) Ich habe
unsere Doku aktuelisiert:
https://jspwiki-wiki.apache.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Documentation

quote:
The default jspwiki.properties can be easilyviewed online
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jspwiki/trunk/jspwiki-war/src/main/resources/ini/jspwiki.properties?view=co>from
our source code repository, note that version though points to the
"trunk" (latest code) which may differ a bit the JSPWiki release you are
using -- inspecting this file directly from within the WAR (open the WAR
with a file decompression tool and in the WEB-INF/lib folder, open the
JSPWiki*.jar file and look in the ini folder) will give you the actual
version you're using.

Cheers,
Glen

Posted by Jürgen Weber <ju...@jwi.de>.