Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by John Hart <jh...@testra.com> on 2014/04/29 00:55:24 UTC

Re: Shame on you. A message to Terry Lugviel

On 4/27/2014 8:48 PM, Terry Lugviel wrote:

It was from OpenOffice.org. <clip>

Either way, it's your god damn fault and I hope someone I've written to
fucks your company so hard in the ass it drive you out of business and
into the god damn streets!!!! :

Terry,

1. You owe readers of this list and volunteers that donate time to
provide people with free software an apology.
2. If you're as mad as you say about the culprit, find the URL in was
downloaded from in the browser history and
     email it to this list.
3. If the name was open office it means your DNS was hacked and sent you
to a forged site because downloads from
     the official site don't contain anything but AOO. If the name was
close and did something illegal it can be shut down.
4. By the vulgarity and lack of respect you show, I suspect you're an
idiot, if not and you were just venting, send a
     message to the list and someone might volunteer to help you get rid
of the malware and it would help them do
     something about the bogus site.

jrh

Re: Shame on you. A message to Terry Lugviel

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 8:18 PM, Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So it seems there must be some bogus site offering AOO with this
> findwide add-on bundled.
> Now it´d be productive if could find out WHERE it is hosted, to shut it down...

For instance could someone please test and confirm if downloading
through this third party "downloader" doesn´t install any kind of
third party software?
http://openoffice.en.softonic.com/download

It showed up among the top 20 results for googling "apache open office"

FC
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un
Acto Revolucionario
- George Orwell

Re: Shame on you. A message to Terry Lugviel

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 7:55 PM, John Hart <jh...@testra.com> wrote:
> If the name was open office it means your DNS was hacked and sent you to a
> forged site because downloads from
>     the official site don't contain anything but AOO. If the name was close
> and did something illegal it can be shut down.

John,

Let me jump in to add that this has been reported before, specifically
by June 2013.
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=62181