Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Nadeeshaan Gunasinghe <na...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/12 19:01:28 UTC

[Proposal] Providing tooling support for Synapse

Hi all,

I would like to initiate a proposal for providing the tooling support for
Synapse. As the first step, we can provide a VSCode plugin for synapse
developers with the following features.

1. Content Assist
2. Syntax highlighting
3. Jump to definitions
4. Rename and etc.

If we can get the language smartness provider backend implemented with a
Language Server implementation, it is easy to provide the same tooling
capabilities for various editors, including cloud-based as well as desktop
editors.

Appreciate your feedback on this.

Cheers,

*Nadeeshaan Gunasinghe*
Technical Lead, WSO2 Inc. http://wso2.com
+94770596754 | nadeeshaan@wso2.com | Skype: nadeeshaan.gunasinghe
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/#>
<http://www.facebook.com/nadeeshaan.gunasinghe>
<http://lk.linkedin.com/in/nadeeshaan> <http://twitter.com/Nadeeshaan>
<http://nadeeshaan.blogspot.com/>

Re: [Proposal] Providing tooling support for Synapse

Posted by Nadeeshaan Gunasinghe <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Isuru,

I'll start a proposal and share.

We can have a language server implementation for code editing experience
(Language Intelligence) and also we can extend the same implementation to
support the visual editor as well, without any hassle.

Posted by Isuru Udana <is...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nadeeshaan,