Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Rice Yeh <ri...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/30 12:31:41 UTC

Can jx:import just import some element in a file?

Hi,
  Can jx:import just import some element in a file? I find all examples
import the whole file specified in the uri. Can I just import some element
in a file?

Rice

Re: Can jx:import just import some element in a file?

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
jonpday wrote:

> Rice Yeh wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   Can jx:import just import some element in a file? I find all examples
>> import the whole file specified in the uri. Can I just import some element
>> in a file?
>>
>> Rice
>>

> One way of doing it (bit hacky) is to call another pipeline
> (uri="http://{request.ServerName}:{request.ServerPort}/cocoon/otherPipeline#fragment")
> and configure that pipeline to return the fragments that you are looking
> for.  Otherwise, I dont think it can be done reading a file from disk.

no, not that I know of.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Re: Can jx:import just import some element in a file?

Posted by jonpday <jo...@blastradius.com>.

Rice Yeh wrote:

> Hi,
>   Can jx:import just import some element in a file? I find all examples
> import the whole file specified in the uri. Can I just import some element
> in a file?
>
> Rice

One way of doing it (bit hacky) is to call another pipeline
(uri="http://{request.ServerName}:{request.ServerPort}/cocoon/otherPipeline#fragment")
and configure that pipeline to return the fragments that you are looking
for.  Otherwise, I dont think it can be done reading a file from disk.

HTH,
JD