Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com> on 2000/09/21 04:55:43 UTC

Re: Catalina build with Tomcat build 09202000

Anthony Marino wrote:

> I get an error when trying to build catalina (from nightly tomcat src build
> 09.20.2000). It can't find org.apache.tomcat.net .  I couldn't find this
> either in my build/tomcat/classes ... (same src build).

Are you trying to build the "proposals/catalina" directory of the
"jakarta-tomcat" module?

That will not work any longer.  Catalina has graduated to it's own CVS module
(jakarta-tomcat-4.0) and you can get nightly binary and source distributions
at:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/nightly

    http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/nightly/src

Among other packages (listed in the README), you will need the Servlet API
classes for servlet 2.3 and JSP 1.2.  They can be found at:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-servletapi-4.0/nightly

    http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-servletapi-4.0/nightly/src

> Thank You.
>
> Anthony W. Marino