Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by CA...@LHSYSTEMS.COM on 2001/02/07 17:03:17 UTC

Problems getting Apache-Tomcat on the jk-module running!

Hi everybody,

could somebody please give me a hint, on how to get Apache-Tomcat on the
jk-module running??? I've tried everything...

Discription:
-----------
I'm using Apache 1.3.17 and Tomcat 3.2.1 (JDK 1.3) on a Linux-Maschine.

I've built Apache with the mod_jk.c of the source distribution of Tomcat:

./configure \
--prefix=/usr/local/kalle/apache \
--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE \
--add-module=/usr/local/kalle/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1-src/src/native/apache1.3/
mod_jk.c \
--enable-module=most \
--enable-shared=max \
--disable-rule=WANTHSREGEX \
--enable-shared=jk

(I also tried to build the mod_jk-adapter from the source distribution of
Tomcat and adding this to Apache (shared object building enabled) manually.)

I've checked the resulting structure of Apache, and it looks just fine
(jk-module was added). The mod_jk.conf-auto of Tomcat is included. I've
configurated Tomcat to match the work.

The Problem:
-----------
As I try to start Apache I get an error:

# apachectl start

Syntax error on line 238 of /usr/local/kalle/apache/conf/httpd.conf:

Cannot load /usr/local/kalle/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so into server:

/usr/local/kalle/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so:

undefined symbol: map_name_at

./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

---> What does this msg mean, and how could I prevent it??

Thanks for Your help,

C.H. Liljegren
Virtos GmbH
http://www.virtos.de

Re: Problems getting Apache-Tomcat on the jk-module running!

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
"Rick at canoffroad.net" wrote:

> Uh, Pete.... This IS Tomcat-Users....Look way down to the bottom
> see...tomcat-user...

Except that the message was cross-posted to general@jakarta.apache.org as well,
which is where the response came from.

Craig