Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be> on 2001/08/20 22:02:08 UTC

Re: Include indexstore in release (Re: cvs commit: jakarta-slide/src/webdav/client/src/org/apache/commons/httpclient/methods PutMethod.java)

Raj Kumar wrote:

> hi dirk,
>   I do have a bare-bone dasl implementation ready with not all the features
> implemented.
>   The SearchQuery interface as of now is not useful because it does not
> define any methods.I have
>   had to do a cast to BasicSearchQuery in the SearchImpl class to implement
> the search method.
>   I have not done any indexing so far .So my search implementation
>   is done by fetching the property values using the
> NodeRevisionDescriptor.getProperties()
>   and doing the condition check with the obtained values.With this sort of
> implementation i probably
>   do not need a IndexStore at all as i can implement the search method
> completely in the SearchImpl class by simply using the structure and the
> content helper classes.
>
> I think the interface for the IndexStore is fine except that both the
> SearchResult and the SearchQuery classes need to define some  methods for
> the interfaces to be useful without doing a cast.
>  For the SearchQueryResult method i can think of a method " public String
> toXML() " which would print out an xml representation of the result .For the
> SearchQuery i cannot think of any method that would be common to all
> SearchQuery implementations.
>    The class names that i used are
> BasicSearchQuery,BasicSearchQueryResult,BasicSearchCondition,BasicSearchOrde
> r.
>    I can do some cleaning up of the code and send them to you by Wednesday
> if you want me to.
>             thanks,
>             rajkumar

If you send me the code, I'll take a look at it.
Your current implementation will do nicely as a backup in the StandardStore,
especially when using a memory structure store.

Take as long as you need to cleanup/complete the code as the general feeling is
to merge after the release.

I'm now looking at JavaCC to parse the slide client commands to be able to
process that complicated search syntax. JaveCC will do, but the switch to this
new method will also have to wait until after the release.
So many things to do so little time...

Regards
Dirk