Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2010/04/22 19:56:49 UTC

Nutch, Solr and Lucene architecture diagrams

Hi All,

The ASF has been asked by an Industry Analyst group (to remain unnamed at this point) to provide information about Lucene and related technologies (Solr, Nutch).  As the PMC Chair and in conjunction with the ASF Press and Marketing group (as well as some informal IRC chatter), I have answered most of the questions (many are commercially oriented, so they don't really apply), but I really need community help on one in particular, and I need it very soon, so I'm hoping people from both Lucene, Nutch and Solr will step up and help out here.

The question is:
<snip>

Briefly describe the architecture of the solution and include a diagram if available.

</snip>

I can handle the description, but I am not aware of any publicly available diagrams describing the architectures of these three technologies.  Thus, I'm asking for:
1.) A pointer to one that I missed and that the author is willing to donate or,
2.) Some Volunteers to draw them up

What I am looking for is some high level architecture diagrams describing the three technologies.

In either case, they will be immensely helpful for the community beyond just this immediate need for documentation purposes.

If you can provide such information, please attach the image (ideally in a non-lossy format (.PSD) or a vector format (.svg, .ai, etc.)) to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2412 and make sure you check the box saying you donate it to the ASF.

Can we get this taken care of by Monday, April 26th?

Your help is most appreciated and will really help make sure that Lucene et. al is positively portrayed going forward.

Thank you,
Grant Ingersoll
Lucene PMC Chair

Re: Nutch, Solr and Lucene architecture diagrams

Posted by Abhishek Nigam <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Can you please share the following with us as well.

I can find the architecture of nutch as loaded by chris, but looking for
solr and lucene and the related description for all.

Regards,
Abhsihek

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi Grant,

I've attached one for Nutch from a while back that I made for a lecture I gave at USC.

Cheers,
Chris

On 4/22/10 10:56 AM, "Grant Ignersoll" <gs...@apache.org> wrote:

[...]

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: Chris.Mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov
WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Re: Nutch, Solr and Lucene architecture diagrams