Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Enrico Daga <en...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/28 14:50:12 UTC

How to remove deleted folders from the local working copy

Hi all,
could anyone know which is the best way to keep the local working copy
correctly updated?
'svn update' just remove files but keep folders there.
I use to remove them manually from my working copy, but this is quite
annoying when huge refactoring have been done (and sometimes people
reload them in the svn accidentally...)
That's the first time I experience it (don't know why in the past an
in other projects I don't noticed this behavior).
Any tip?

thank you

Enrico

--
Enrico Daga

--
http://www.enridaga.net
skype: enri-pan

Re: How to remove deleted folders from the local working copy

Posted by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

I had some minor problems with the refactoring of things like
linkedData to linkeddata.

At some point the only thing that helped was to make a complete new
checkout to get rid of old stuff.

- Fabian

--
Fabian

Re: How to remove deleted folders from the local working copy

Posted by Olivier Grisel <ol...@ensta.org>.
2011/3/28 Enrico Daga <en...@gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
> could anyone know which is the best way to keep the local working copy
> correctly updated?
> 'svn update' just remove files but keep folders there.
> I use to remove them manually from my working copy, but this is quite
> annoying when huge refactoring have been done (and sometimes people
> reload them in the svn accidentally...)
> That's the first time I experience it (don't know why in the past an
> in other projects I don't noticed this behavior).
> Any tip?

I don't think svn has a feature for this. I think it keeps the old
unversioned folders because they are not empty: the unversionned
.classpath, .settings, .project files are still there and svn does not
want to remove such unversioned files by default.

git has a rather dangerous "git clean" command to erase all
unversioned files that would do. For svn, I would just rm the 10 or so
folders manually or just checkout a new sandbox as Fabian suggests.

--
Olivier