Posted to commits@mynewt.apache.org by cc...@apache.org on 2016/11/10 02:36:08 UTC

[incubator-mynewt-blinky] Git Push Summary

Repository: incubator-mynewt-blinky
Updated Branches:
  refs/heads/1_0_0_b1_dev [created] ea4b8b8ba

Re: [HEADS UP] MERGE INTO MASTER!

Posted by marko kiiskila <ma...@runtime.io>.
I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYNEWT-482 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYNEWT-482>

What I usually do is I start ‘newt debug’, and then issue flash erase
commands via gdb. Which is not too bad either.

Posted by "David G. Simmons" <sa...@mac.com>.

Posted by Kevin Townsend <ke...@adafruit.com>.

Re: [HEADS UP] MERGE INTO MASTER! (was: Re: 1_0_0_b1_dev branches)

Posted by Christopher Collins <cc...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 08:04:45PM +0000, Sterling Hughes wrote:
> just making sure people see this :)

This is the final heads up :).  I'll be merging develop into master
shortly.

For those who are interested in using the latest code, there is one
major change you should know about prior to pulling:

Backwards-compatiblity-breaking changes have been made to the boot
loader.  Consequently, before using the latest, you will need to
completely erase the boot and images slots in your devices' flash and
upload a new boot loader.  The latest code may appear to work with an
old boot loader, but you will eventually run into issues if you perform
image management (image list, upload, etc.).  The least painful way
forward is to just erase your flash entirely, replace the boot loader,
and forget about it.  Sorry about this this one; hopefully it is the
last time!

A more comprehensive list of changes will go out soon, but I thought
this one deserved special mention.

Thanks,
Chris

[HEADS UP] MERGE INTO MASTER! (was: Re: 1_0_0_b1_dev branches)

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@apache.org>.

Re: 1_0_0_b1_dev branches

Posted by Christopher Collins <cc...@apache.org>.

1_0_0_b1_dev branches

Posted by Christopher Collins <cc...@apache.org>.

Re: [incubator-mynewt-blinky] Git Push Summary

Posted by Kevin Townsend <ke...@adafruit.com>.

On 10/11/16 13:23, Sterling Hughes wrote:
> Is the idea to merge these from develop or master?
>
> I think we should probably merge develop->master now, prior to
> branching anything.  We should only be branching releases off of
> master (which I\u2019m assuming is the intention.)

+1 for this. :) It's difficult to do multi person development today
against develop since everyone needs to ensure they are on the same
commit, but there are so many important changes in develop that working
against master isn't viable today. That said, all the changes so far
have been worth the trouble and it will never be easier to break things
so if it takes more time it's better to drag it out a bit longer.

Re: [incubator-mynewt-blinky] Git Push Summary

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@apache.org>.
Is the idea to merge these from develop or master?

I think we should probably merge develop->master now, prior to branching
anything.  We should only be branching releases off of master (which
I\u2019m assuming is the intention.)

Sterling

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@apache.org>.