Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/31 09:31:59 UTC

Old website still mixed with new - People seeing old stuff

Hi

Its a bit unfortunate that the SMX website still seems to have some of
the old pages mixed, which can have people see out of date content.

Some people may type /download to get the download page
http://servicemix.apache.org/download.html

Or if you get to a /home page, its also out of date
http://servicemix.apache.org/home.html

But the *real* and updated page ends with an s, so its should be
http://servicemix.apache.org/downloads.html

How can we get all the old cruft removed to ensure the site is up to date?

Would it be possible to remove everything, and republish the site?

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Old website still mixed with new - People seeing old stuff

Posted by Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com>.
> Its a bit unfortunate that the SMX website still seems to have some of
> the old pages mixed, which can have people see out of date content.

Yeah, the SMX site a terrible place. Actually it is sometime a problem
when I endorse ServiceMix to be used in a new project - client googles
for the SMX and sees this horrible, outdated site :| . This is the one
of the reasons why I recommend Fuse ESB now :P . Fuse site looks so
pro :) .

Fixing the ServiceMix site is something that I've wanted to do for a
long time. In is somewhere in my private "after-hours" backlog.
Unfortunately there are many things in it :) .

But yeah, SMX site should be fixed. At least not to include deprecated
content which misleads people (with download[s] site being the
prominent example of it).

--
Henryk Konsek
http://henryk-konsek.blogspot.com

Re: Old website still mixed with new - People seeing old stuff

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

Good catch and thanks for letting us know - I'll make sure that gets
fixed today!

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
FuseSource