Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Rainer Klute <kl...@rainer-klute.de> on 2003/05/08 16:22:59 UTC

Re: [VOTE] 2.0-pre1 release

>Calling for a 2.0-pre1 release as proposed by Andy in his previous
>email.  This will include everything currently in CVS head and will not
>include the performance branch (correct me if this is wrong Andy).
>
>I'll be attempting to setup the project using mirroring as outlined here:
>http://www.apache.org/dev/mirrors.html
>
>Please let me of any particular items you wish to include in the changelog
>for this release.  Otherwise I'll simply look at the poi news blog and add
>anything relevant.
>
>[X]  +1 I'm all for it
>[ ]  +0 I'm happy to go along with it.
>[ ]  -0 I have some reservations.
>[ ]  -1 I'm against it.
>
>The result of this vote will be forwarded to the jakarta PMC for approval.

Best regards
Rainer Klute

                           Rainer Klute IT-Consulting GmbH
  Dipl.-Inform.
  Rainer Klute             E-Mail:  klute@rainer-klute.de
  Körner Grund 24          Telefon: +49 172 2324824
D-44143 Dortmund           Telefax: +49 231 5349423

Re: Question Re: [VOTE] 2.0-pre1 release (results/Status)

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
You're mail got there though.

On 5/8/03 5:22 PM, "Glen Stampoultzis" <gs...@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> I'm not getting mail from PMC.  Looks like I need to resubscribe.
>
> At 01:22 AM 9/05/2003, you wrote:
>> Doh.  Glen beat me to it.  Constitutional issue here.  Is the PMC to ratify
>> releases yet?  I heard Sam whisper something to that effect and I vaguely
>> remember not dissenting on the issue, but I don¹t recall ratifying any...
>>
>> -Andy
>>

>> On 5/8/03 11:17 AM, "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> With several +1 votes and no dissents we're moving ahead with the release
>>> plan for 2.0-pre1 and branch merge.  I'll sum it up here...
>>>
>>> Essentially:
>>>
>>> We have 3 active branches:
>>>
>>> 1. HEAD
>>> 2. 1.5x (last release)

--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

Re: Question Re: [VOTE] 2.0-pre1 release (results/Status)

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.

At 01:22 AM 9/05/2003, you wrote:
>Doh.  Glen beat me to it.  Constitutional issue here.  Is the PMC to ratify
>releases yet?  I heard Sam whisper something to that effect and I vaguely
>remember not dissenting on the issue, but I don¹t recall ratifying any...
>
>-Andy
>

>On 5/8/03 11:17 AM, "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > With several +1 votes and no dissents we're moving ahead with the release
> > plan for 2.0-pre1 and branch merge.  I'll sum it up here...
> >
> > Essentially:
> >
> > We have 3 active branches:
> >
> > 1. HEAD
> > 2. 1.5x (last release)
> > 3. poi-performance - a refactoring of the HEAD to suck down less memory
> >
> > We're going to close the 1.5 series.  Release 2.0-pre and branch that from
> > the head.  Then we'll merge poi-performance into the HEAD.
> >
> > 2.0 will continue to stabilize in its own branch.  And we'll work on making
> > the more courageous changes to the head and start releasing dev builds
> again
> > from there.
> >
> > 2.0 will be released with a slightly less ambitious feature set than
> > originally envisioned; however, having a stable release more modern
> than the
> > nearly year old 1.5.1 is seen as far more healthy for the project.
> >
> > In the future I plan to push for more frequent releases with slightly less
> > ambitious goals as I think that will be better for project health.  I
> > suspect this vote nods heads at this.
> >
> > Progress:
> >
> > We've now migrated to an ant/forrest based build/documentation system which
> > is successfully working.  There are some hiccups yet to be resolved in the
> > gump descriptor, but I've full confidence that these will be resolved
> > shortly and certainly in time for the 2.0-final release.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Andy
> >

>--
>Andrew C. Oliver
>http://www.superlinksoftware.com/poi.jsp
>Custom enhancements and Commercial Implementation for Jakarta POI
>
>http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
>For Java and Excel, Got POI?

Glen Stampoultzis
gstamp@iinet.net.au

Question Re: [VOTE] 2.0-pre1 release (results/Status)

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.

--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

FW: [VOTE] 2.0-pre1 release (results/Status)

------ End of Forwarded Message