Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com> on 2005/04/06 00:28:35 UTC

'value' attribute behavior change 1.2.0 to 1.2.6

I'm getting the following HTML rendered from the JSP below:

onclick="setUserAction('Add Prospect');" styleClass="addButton"
titleKey="button.add.prospect" />

<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit"
onclick="setUserAction('Add Prospect');" class="addButton" title="Add
Prospect">

This is supposed to be a submit button with an image and no text (just
spaces).  It worked in 1.2.0, but 1.2.6 is ignoring the 'value' attribute
and I'm getting the word 'Submit' plastered over the image.

Before I open a bug, can anyone comment if they think it's _supposed_ to do
this?  Thanks.

--
Wendy Smoak

Re: 'value' attribute behavior change 1.2.0 to 1.2.6

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
I got the build working a couple of weeks ago - but I didn't pick up the
recent build changes until after I'd finished the changes I was doing last
night. So I haven't tried the very latest. I have to say though that I think
James has done a great job - after struggling with a few things initially
(I'm a maven newbie) it worked very well. There are still things missing
though (docs/web site are not generated) - but all the code/jars I needed
worked for me.

Its hard to say about the nightlies, since there is still more work to
do.....

http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40struts.apache.org/msg08156.html

The main pain I found with trying out 1.3 is that instead of one distro
there are now multiple (I needed 3 for "core", "taglib" and "tiles") and you
have to distribute a jar for each of those -  plus the commons chain jar.
Other than that, everything worked fine. The only thing was - I wasn't
actually using the new ComposableRequestProcessor - I had the same one
plugged in I use for 1.2.x!!!!

Niall

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com>.
From: "Niall Pemberton" <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Nightlies for 1.2.x are being created here...

http://svn.apache.org/builds/struts/maven/STRUTS_1_2_BRANCH/

...but I think you'll need to wait till the next one to pick up that change.

You want the STRUTS_1_2_BRANCH branch if you're going to check it out and
build it yourself. A word of warning changes to the "build process"  for the
1.2.x branch were going in as recently as last night, so you need to be
aware that the build process is in a state of flux.

James posted a useful mail here....

http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@struts.apache.org/msg07192.html

... although the url for the 1.2.x branch should be

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/struts/core/branches/STRUTS_1_2_BRANCH

Niall

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com>.
From: "Niall Pemberton" <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>