Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/08 04:51:30 UTC

Question about runtime properties in maven and jbi-maven-plugin

I was looking at Guillaume's blog post:

http://gnodet.blogspot.com/2007/03/using-maven-to-switch-runtime.html

but haven't been able to figure out how to make this happen properly.  My
xbean.xml file in target\classes has the properties filtered correctly but
it looks like the maven jbi plugin is looking at the src/main/resources
directory... is there something in the plugin configuration that I need to
configure?

[WARNING] Failed to generate jbi.xml:
org.apache.servicemix.maven.plugin.jbi.JbiPluginException: Unable to
generate servi
ce unit descriptor!
org.apache.servicemix.maven.plugin.jbi.JbiPluginException: Unable to
generate service unit descriptor!
        at
org.apache.servicemix.maven.plugin.jbi.GenerateServiceUnitDescriptorMojo.generateJbiDescriptor
(GenerateService
UnitDescriptorMojo.java:206)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'org.apache.servicemix.
jms.JmsEndpoint' defined in URL
[file:/C:/projects/services/NotificationJBI/NotificationJmsSU/src/main/resou
rces/xbean.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'connectionFactory' while
setting bean property 'connectionFactory'; ne
sted exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'connectionFacto
ry' defined in URL
[file:/C:/projects/services/NotificationJBI/NotificationJmsSU/src/main/resources/xbean.xm
l]: Error setting property values; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.PropertyBatchUpdateException; nested Pro
pertyAccessExceptions (1) are:
PropertyAccessException 1:
org.springframework.beans.MethodInvocationException: Property 'brokerURL'
threw exception; nes
ted exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid broker URI:
tcp://localhost:${activemq-port}
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference
(BeanDefinitionValueReso
lver.java:269)

Why is the plugin reading the src/main/resources directory (near the bottom
of the error output)?

Re: Question about runtime properties in maven and jbi-maven-plugin

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
The generateJbiDescriptor is usually set to true when the generation of the
jbi descriptor fails.  The point is that it only happens when generating
service unit jbi descriptors, and these are considered optional by
ServiceMix.  So unless you need to define connections or make another use of
the jbi SU descriptor, you can just not include it.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Question about runtime properties in maven and jbi-maven-plugin

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.