Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Thod Nguyen <tn...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/23 21:42:24 UTC

Ant task to handle HTTPResponse status code (HELP!!!)

I'm looking for an existing Ant task that will allow
me to look at the HTTPResponse status code so that i
know what to do next ....

I've tried nested conditions <http> but this task only
handles 2 conditions (if status code <=400, its
successful otherwise, it's a failure). This is not
what i want.

Any helps are greatly appreciated...

Tom

Re: Ant task to handle HTTPResponse status code (HELP!!!)

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Ivan "Rambius" Ivanov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I suppose you will need a fully fledged http client
> like Jakarta Commons HttpClient[1]. Sending any http
> request using its API is pretty easy. Then you can
> encapsulated the request and the status handling in a
> task/scriptdef.
>
> I noticed once a conversation in ant-user or ant-dev
> about http tasks, that will allow the users to send
> any http method to a server. They have been added also
> in proposals directory in the source repository. I do
> not know, however, their status - if they will make
> their way in ant 1.7.

Checking the tasks in is on my todo list; it would be as an antlib that
would not be the core distro, just a library to go on the side

Re: Ant task to handle HTTPResponse status code (HELP!!!)

Posted by "Ivan \"Rambius\" Ivanov" <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hello,

I suppose you will need a fully fledged http client
like Jakarta Commons HttpClient[1]. Sending any http
request using its API is pretty easy. Then you can
encapsulated the request and the status handling in a
task/scriptdef.

I noticed once a conversation in ant-user or ant-dev
about http tasks, that will allow the users to send
any http method to a server. They have been added also
in proposals directory in the source repository. I do
not know, however, their status - if they will make
their way in ant 1.7.

Regards
Ivan

[1]http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient