Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com> on 2002/11/13 22:48:13 UTC

adding offline support to axis tests

FYI, I have just been busy adding an offline mode to the test suite, so that
when you run the tests with -Doffline=true, axis doesnt go on the net for
wsdl2java and the like. I havent got it perfect, there are a couple of
functional tests that require a network that will be teased out into their
own package.

Also I'm fixing the proxy support so that the online tests really work
behind the firewall, as right now they dont, and integrating in the httpunit
test suite with opt-in enablement of the jsp and admin servlet tests.

I am not going to check this in till I have verified it works in all the
possible network configs

-no lan, offline set
-lan, offline set
-lan, offline unset
-lan-behind-a-proxy-firewall
-lan-behind-a-socks-firewall

I'm just warning everyone that because of these changes, buildTest,
test/functional and httpunit are going to change a bit, so it would be good
for these to be left alone till, say, next monday. But things will be better
after that, at least if you code on a notebook or behind a firewall.

Re: adding offline support to axis tests

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
> Also I'm fixing the proxy support so that the online tests really work
> behind the firewall, as right now they dont, and integrating in the
httpunit
> test suite with opt-in enablement of the jsp and admin servlet tests.

There wont be *any* httpunit tests against the test server, as TcpListener
cannot handle a GET request. So the test system will be setup only to run
the httpunit tests when an app server is installed