Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Wirthlin, Rick - Workstream" <Ri...@WorkStreamInc.com> on 2003/05/29 22:31:08 UTC

Find Documents 'Similar' to Another

Hi folks,

I have a requirement to find documents similar to another.  Can that be accomplished using a PhraseQuery, or some other way?

Thanks,
Rick

Re: Find Documents 'Similar' to Another

Posted by Bruce Ritchie <br...@jivesoftware.com>.
David Medinets wrote:

> But I don't understand. Do you have any insight into the product pricing?

No, but I'm sure to find out as I get further along in my testing. I would suggest contacting them
directly for an answer to that question.

Regards,

Bruce Ritchie

Re: Find Documents 'Similar' to Another

Posted by David Medinets <me...@mtolive.com>.
Posted by Bruce Ritchie <br...@jivesoftware.com>.
Wirthlin, Rick - Workstream wrote:

> I have a requirement to find documents similar to another.  Can that be accomplished using a PhraseQuery, or some other way?

One option I'm looking at to get this functionality is the InfoWrangler product
(www.infowrangler.com) as it does this and seems to be at least partially based upon lucene. If
other people know of other (available) options I'd love to hear of them as well.

Regards,

Bruce Ritchie