Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Dieter Cailliau <Di...@eXplio.com> on 2002/11/07 11:01:28 UTC

axis

i'm just reading that http://xml.apache.org/axis/ = (kind of) apache soap
3.0,
should we all use that now?

Scott: i can not reproduce the problem with polymorphism, because now it
works fine!

I think the reason it failed was that i used different .class files for the
same java class, in different deployed files. This happend because to make
the thing work, i have to put many of my classes into the soap.war, as well
as have them deployed in my own ear's (containing ejbs). I wonder if there
isn't a better way to make it work (i don't like to add my classes into the
soap.war but i don't know how to make it work without doing so).

dieter

Re: axis

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
> i'm just reading that http://xml.apache.org/axis/ = (kind of) apache
soap
> 3.0,
> should we all use that now?

If you are just getting started, you should probably use Axis.  Apache
SOAP will continue to be great for people who already use it, but it
will not evolve to the SOAP 1.2 spec, and it will not support WSDL
(which Axis does).

Scott Nichol

Re: axis

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.

Re: axis

Posted by Michael O'Keefe <ku...@yahoo.com>.
--- Dieter Cailliau <Di...@eXplio.com>
wrote:
> i'm just reading that http://xml.apache.org/axis/ =
> (kind of) apache soap
> 3.0,
> should we all use that now?

I guess so.  But, we went with Apache SOAP for a few
reasons:

-It's good.  It works.  (Documentation could be
better)

-Not a beta version, as Axis was at the time.  Not
that I don't use beta software (WinCVS), but if I have
the choice ... and this will be deployed to production

-Less code -it's just one jar file to figure out, Axis
is more complex (but offers more, for example reliable
transports such as MQ are supported)

-A great list like this one! (I'm sure Axis will/does
have the same great support)

-Mike

RE: axis

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
Yes, they also have a mailing list. You can find the archive here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&r=1&w=2.

navigation bar), and subscribe to the users list.

Anne

RE: axis

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.

Re: axis