Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2013/04/29 17:41:20 UTC

Tracking Github Activity

Hi Infra,

The Apache Flex community is wondering if it is possible to track activity from Github on our commits@ list.  I’m a moderator for the list and I’ve tried to allow-subscribe the email address that appears to be the sender for Github notifications, but it doesn’t seem to work.  Am I not doing something correctly or is there some other configuration that blocks non a.o email addresses from sending on these lists?

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.
http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

Re: Tracking Github Activity

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Alex Harui wrote on Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 14:22:11 -0700:

> On 4/29/13 2:04 PM, "Daniel Shahaf" <d....@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
>
> > Alex Harui wrote on Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 13:48:46 -0700:

> >> OK.  Is there any way to change that?
> >
> > Yes.  Does the PMC want to change it?
> Well, the PMC hasn't taken a vote, if that's what you mean.  We are
> experimenting with trying to track GitHub activity.  A few folks are trying
> to get it to work so the PMC can decide if the tracking is acceptable such
> that, from the perspective of a subscriber to commits@, all activity is "in
> the open" whether on GitHub or Apache Git.
>
> Is there any way to make a change temporarily w/o PMC vote or do we have to
> have a vote first?  As a moderator, I'm ok if you remove the return-path
> filter and I have to reject emails for a while.  I'm rejecting emails on the
> other lists for Apache Flex already.

Done.

You emailed commits-list@ instead of commits-allow-list@, didn't you :)

> Anyway, please let me know if we need a vote.

No.  I just needed to know that the change is not simply your
personal preference but the group's.

Re: Tracking Github Activity

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.