Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "Edward C. Skoviak" <ed...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/13 20:45:17 UTC

HBase MapReduce in Kerberized cluster

I'm attempting to write a Crunch pipeline to read various rows from a table
in HBase and then do processing on these results. I am doing this from a
cluster deployed using CDH 5.3.2 running Kerberos and YARN.

I was hoping to get an answer on what is considered the best approach to
authenticate to HBase within MapReduce task execution context? I've perused
various posts/documentation and it seems that TokenUtil was, at least at
one point, the right approach, however I notice now it has been moved to be
a part of the hbase-server package (instead of hbase-client). Is there a
better way to retrieve and pass an HBase delegation token to the MR job
launched by my pipeline?

Thanks,
Ed Skoviak

Re: HBase MapReduce in Kerberized cluster

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
bq. it has been moved to be a part of the hbase-server package

I searched (current) 0.98 and branch-1 where I found:
./hbase-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/security/token/TokenUtil.java

FYI