Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Chris C <so...@yahoo.com.au> on 2005/02/03 04:26:57 UTC

Use of MyFaces with other jsf implementations

I need some advice please,

I am wanting to use one of the MyFaces components in a
project that has already had a large amount of work
completed using IBM's WSAD (which uses their jsf
implementation and components).

In the getting stated  section of the MyFaces web site
it says

"Make sure that there is no jsf-api.jar (i.e. Suns API
implementation) in the classpath or in one of your
container's shared lib directories (e.g. common/lib or
shared/lib for Tomcat)."

Is there a problem in mixing and matching components
from different sources (ie MyFaces & IBM) for a
project? - or am I missing the point?

Thanks in advance for any feedback
sy

http://au.movies.yahoo.com

Re: Use of MyFaces with other jsf implementations

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

If you just want to use myfaces components with the RI then you just
need the myfaces-extensions.jar in your classpath.  It is ok to have
the RI in your classpath.  Like Matthias was saying, if you want to
use only myfaces and not the RI that's when you need to make sure that
the RI jars are not in your servelt container's classpath.

HTH,

sean

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.
Chris,