Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Renaud Richardet <re...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/07 15:54:44 UTC

debug with chainsaw

Bonjour,

I'm trying to debug cocoon with chainsaw. I read CocoonLog4J and
Bertrand's tips [1] (created log4j.properties and installed log4j
locally). So far, it works. Good.

Then I WebStarted chainsaw on [2], and it looks *alot* more powerful.
But I can't make it work. There's a popup menu at startup (use
SocketReceiver on Port 4445, search configuration file), but I'm
confused here.

BTW, how can I install this version locally?

Thanks for any hints
Renaud

[1] http://www.codeconsult.ch/bertrand/archives/000366.html
[2] http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/chainsaw.html#Installation

--
renaud.richardet (at) gmail (dot) com
+41 78 675 9501

Re: debug with chainsaw

Posted by Renaud Richardet <re...@gmail.com>.
Now it's working.

Thanks Wojciech and Scott for your infos, which I summarized on a wiki page [1].

Cheers, Renaud

[1]  http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/ChainSaw

Re: debug with chainsaw

Posted by Wojciech Gdela <el...@poczta.onet.pl>.
Hello,

> Then I WebStarted chainsaw on [2], and it looks *alot* more powerful.
> But I can't make it work. There's a popup menu at startup (use
> SocketReceiver on Port 4445, search configuration file), but I'm
> confused here.

Choose port 4445, then set this properties in WEB-INF/web.xml:

<init-param>
   <param-name>logger-class</param-name>
<param-value>org.apache.avalon.excalibur.logger.Log4JLoggerManager</param-value>
</init-param>

<init-param>
   <param-name>log4j-config</param-name>
   <param-value>/WEB-INF/log4j.xconf</param-value>
</init-param>

And in WEB-INF/log4j.xconf

<appender name="COCOON_DEFAULT"
class="org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender">
    <param name="RemoteHost" value="localhost" />
    <param name="Port" value="4445" />
</appender>

<root>
   <priority value ="debug" />