Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Boris Folgmann <bo...@folgmann.de> on 2004/03/04 19:01:28 UTC

Can't span custom tag through included pages

Hi!

<%@include ... %> is supposed to do something like literal including before
the JSP is compiled. To my understanding it's comparable to the C preprocessor.

Now look at my example:

test_head.jsp contains:
<%@page contentType="text/html"%>
<%@taglib uri="/ihtml" prefix="ihtml" %>
<ihtml:content>

test.jsp contains:
<%@include file="test_head.jsp" %>
BLABLA
</ihtml:content>

Compiling test.jsp gives:
test.jsp [1:0] End of content reached while more parsing required: tag
nesting error?

But there's no nesting error. Moving <ihtml:content> to test.jsp solves the
problem, but this is not what I want. This is only a simplified example of
my problem. In fact the included header in the pages are a lot bigger.
I use netbeans 3.5.1 which includes tomcat 4.0.6.
Any ideas?

cu,
	boris