Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de> on 2003/06/01 19:48:50 UTC

Re: HashMap

Hi Alexander,

Alexander Prozor wrote:
> Hello ,
>   does anybody stored HashMap member?
>   (string keys, object values ).
>   I've tried to store it in VARCHAR field ( using appropriate
>   conversion),
>   tried to use ODMG DMapEntry DMapImpl,
>   but nothing helps :(.

What's the problem with DMapImpl? It's a proven solution!
There are examples on how to use it in the testbed and in
repository_junit.xml.

Another solution to store a Map member could be to implement your own
ManageableCollection class that implements Map.

See o.a.ojb.broker.util.collections.ManagegeableHashSet for an example
how to do this for a Set member.

Thomas

Re[2]: HashMap

Posted by Alexander Prozor <ap...@isd.dp.ua>.
Hello Thomas,

Ok, but, is it possible to store
java.lang.Object member ? ( property that can contains String, Integer
or other similar type ).
I got ClassCastException while try to do this.

--
Best regards,
 Alexander                            mailto:apro@isd.dp.ua