Posted to dev@annotator.apache.org by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org> on 2022/01/11 02:46:34 UTC

Re: Podling Annotator Report Reminder - January 2022

> On 24 Dec 2021, at 06:19, jmclean@apache.org wrote:
>
> [chop]

Just signed this off, but I note the project seems very quiet.
Has there been off-list communication of late, and has anything
come of community building.  I seem to recollect there was
another potential community member last time I joined a
Thursday call, but that was quite a while back.

--
Nick Kew

Re: Podling Annotator Report Reminder - January 2022

Posted by Benjamin Young <by...@bigbluehat.com>.
Blast...looks like Justin beat me to editing the wiki tonight by 26 minutes. 🙁

Here's my "sign off" on the report all the same. 😜

Randall, thanks for writing it this time. I agree we need to get back to a regular call/check-in time of some kind.

Nick, in terms of community building (besides the call), I think we need some sort of connective contact with other projects (inside and outside) Apache. We used to have that via Hypothes.is and I Annotate, but (as everyone knows) the world has changed shape a bit, and re-envisioning annotation in this "new" context is probably overdue.

Annotator as a library is solid, but we continue to miss the "connection" with app builders--who believe it's "not too hard" to start from scratch and then once they found themselves too deep in the weeds refuse to change course to use a shared library. #maybe 😜

At any rate, we should have a chat about what's next. I'm open to time suggestions, and definitely up for chatting. 🙂

Cheers!
Benjamin

--

http://bigbluehat.com/