Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ehson Umrani <em...@live.com> on 2018/07/18 14:11:36 UTC

Lucene Speed

Hello,

My name is Ehson Umrani and I am currently running some experiments using Lucene. FOr the expiraments I am running I need Lucene to run as fast as possible. Do you have any suggestions on how to achieve speeds listed on the nightly benchmark page. I am also using 1kb Wikipedia files and the same 2048 MB RAM buffer but the speeds I am getting are not close to the speeds achieved by you guys
Any help would be awesome!!!

Thanks,
Ehson Umrani

Re: Lucene Speed

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
Have you already checked
https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ImproveIndexingSpeed? Often when
running such benchmarks, the bottleneck is not indexing but opening or
parsing input files, so you should review that part as well.

Re: Lucene Speed

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Hi Ehson,

Have you looked at the luceneutil source code that runs the benchmarks?
https://github.com/mikemccand/luceneutil

The sources are not super clean, but that's what's running the nightly
benchmarks, starting from src/main/perf/Indexer.java.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com