Posted to user@olingo.apache.org by "Patel, Yesha" <ye...@sap.com> on 2017/06/30 20:18:09 UTC

Question: Olingo V4 with MS graph api - Update fails

I am using Olingo V4 odata library to do Update Request.

I am sending a http PATCH request to Users entity type in MS Graph API, but=

it keeps giving error: (Request_BadRequest) Incompatible type kinds were f=

ound. The type 'String' was found to be of kind 'Complex' instead of the ex=

pected kind 'Primitive'. [HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request]

Header: Authorization =Bearer token https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/userid

Body: { "id":"userid here", "jobTitle": "developer", "officeLocation": "pal" }

I have checked the metadata and type on on all fields above and it is Edm.String. I am using primitive interface to build the client properties as well.

          ODataEntityUpdateRequest<ClientEntity> request =client.getCUDRequestFactory().getEntityUpdateRequest(absoluteUri, UpdateType.PATCH, ce);

          request.setFormat(ContentType.JSON_FULL_METADATA);

         ODataResponse response =3D ((ODataBasicRequest) request).execute();

         int statusCode = response.getStatusCode();

Question:  Above I have change URI as MS Graph API uses this URI to send PA=

TCH request for UPDATE operation, is this something olingo limitation or is=

sue is with GRAPH API?