Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by August Nagro <au...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/21 06:37:15 UTC

Netbeans Bug (With Bug Bounty)

Hello,

I am new to Netbeans and am enjoying it so far. I have
encountered 5 bugs. I've documented them here:

https://github.com/AugustNagro/netbeans-bugs/tree/master/public_html

I will pay $40 USD per bug. I know it's not much, but hope it's
motivational for someone.

Cheers,

August

Re: Netbeans Bug (With Bug Bounty)

Posted by August Nagro <au...@gmail.com>.
Trying out a different editor now, so going to retract the bug
bounties unless someone already started on them.

Regards,

August

Posted by August Nagro <au...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Aschoff <ch...@uni-ulm.de>.
+1 for the annoying wrong-formatting-bug that exists for a long time!

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.
>I did try it on JDK 11 before
your email and reproduced.

I am please  to know you tried the same approach using other JVMs and
platform.

This is how I download the  jdk15 and updated netbeans.conf accordingly. I
am not seeing the bug. I hope this helps.

wget -qO - https://adoptopenjdk.jfrog.io/adoptopenjdk/api/gpg/key/public |
sudo apt-key add -
sudo add-apt-repository --yes
https://adoptopenjdk.jfrog.io/adoptopenjdk/deb/
sudo apt install adoptopenjdk-15-openj9  # Java 15 / OpenJ9 VM

Z.

https://www.backbutton.co.uk/
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
♡۶♡۶ ♡۶

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.

Re: Re: Netbeans Bug (With Bug Bounty)

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.
Moving one step  forward from your suggestion , I think as a rule of thumb
before  logging any  bugs

One should be asked to download

https://www.virtualbox.org/
which would mean fresh install of OS.
Fresh install of  latest jdk
Fresh install of Netbeans IDE.
Then listing the steps showing the bug .

Otherwise it is virtually  impossible to find out what changes the user
made to their environment  which could have  contributed to the
unexpected  behaviour.

This guy sounded a bit desperate with his 40 dollar bug Bounty.

Z.

https://www.backbutton.co.uk/
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
♡۶♡۶ ♡۶

Posted by August Nagro <au...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Eric, I am running Fedora 33 with JDK 15. I put the environment
output from Netbeans in the bug reports, and also the github repo I shared
before I learned about the Jira.

All the bugs I can reproduce on multiple platforms, and with JDK 11.
Andreas also said he could reproduce.

I'm not sure why Zahid can't reproduce the bug she tried.

Posted by August Nagro <au...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.

HTML Template Element Highlighting Bug (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-5277)

NETBEANS-5276 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-5276)

NETBEANS-5275 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-5275)
HTML Embedded style tag codecompletion crash (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-5275)

Actions (https://issues.apache.org/jira/rest/api/1.0/issues/13353866/ActionsAndOperations?atl_token=A5KQ-2QAV-T4JA-FDED_7207ebc337dfd284de3fa208c5f028bcb66795ad_lin)

NETBEANS-5274 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-5274)
Custom Tag in HTML Editor Breaks Formatting (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-5274)

Actions (https://issues.apache.org/jira/rest/api/1.0/issues/13353863/ActionsAndOperations?atl_token=A5KQ-2QAV-T4JA-FDED_7207ebc337dfd284de3fa208c5f028bcb66795ad_lin)

NETBEANS-5273 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-5273)
Crash when Changing LAF (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-5273)

Ebresie@gmail.com (mailto:Ebresie@gmail.com)

Posted by August Nagro <au...@gmail.com>.

Posted by August Nagro <au...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by August Nagro <au...@gmail.com>.

Posted by August Nagro <au...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.
Som,

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.
Som,

Posted by Som Lima <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Som Lima <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.
I have just tried the LOOK  FEEL  issue using JDK 15 and I don't any
unexpected behaviour.

Product Version: Apache NetBeans IDE 12.1
Java: 15.0.1; Eclipse OpenJ9 VM openj9-0.23.0
Runtime: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 15.0.1+9
System: Linux version 5.8.0-38-generic running on amd64; UTF-8; en_GB (nb)
User directory: /home/zahid/.netbeans/12.1
Cache directory: /home/zahid/.cache/netbeans/12.1

https://www.backbutton.co.uk/ <http://Backbutton.co.uk>
HOW-TO become System Architect for FREE
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
♡۶♡ ۶♡۶

<http://www.backbutton.co.uk>

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by August Nagro <au...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Reichel <an...@manticore-projects.com>.

Posted by August Nagro <au...@gmail.com>.
I think both use Gnome + GTK these days, right? (So the 4k scaling on
both sucks, lol)

I haven't tried Ubuntu recently but I'm not a fan of Snap.

Posted by August Nagro <au...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by August Nagro <au...@gmail.com>.