Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2014/12/01 17:57:46 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Move out release schedule by ~1 month going forward

Hi all,

I’d like to propose that we shift all future releases forward by roughly 2 month. So, the releases would be as following (note that 5.2.0 is on the “legacy” schedule):

	5.2.0 — December 2014
	5.3.0 — April 2015 (this is an LTS)
	6.0.0 — July 2015
	6.1.0 — October 2015
	6.2.0 — January 2016
	6.3.0 — April 2016  (this is an LTS)

The rationale for this is basically that a release in November almost never makes sense. No one will deploy anything around Thanksgiving and/or the winter holidays. In addition, I feel these schedule fits better into how we have been scheduling ATS Summits.

Thoughts?

— Leif

RE: [PROPOSAL] Move out release schedule by ~1 month going forward

Posted by "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ro...@microsoft.com>.
Moving dev@community.apache.org to BCC so as not to create unnecessary traffic (I assume it was a mistake having it in the To line)

Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc.
A subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation