Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/20 14:53:19 UTC

Mobile app(iOS) packaging error

Hello,
I'm not sure how and why, but all of a sudden I have started getting
packing error in FB 4.6. It used to work fine before. This is what I get:
Error occurred while packaging the application:
null
java.lang.NullPointerException

Screenshot:
http://pasteboard.co/BqWFBzj.png

No details at all.

I tried changing workspace as well as SDK versions(both flex and AIR), I
tried to uninstall and reinstall FB. Still no luck.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Appreciate your help..
Thanks...

Re: Mobile app(iOS) packaging error

Posted by sravanthi <sr...@excelindia.com>.
Just tried uninstalling Java 11 update .. it worked. Thanks megharaj

Re: Mobile app(iOS) packaging error

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.
Just tried something and it worked!
There were some software installations\updates on my laptop recently.

I uninstalled all of them, restarted the system, crossed my fingers and
clicked on export release build! And boom! it worked.
I uninstalled 3 things:
 - Yahoo tool bar (highly unlikely that this would be the reason)
 - Java 8 Update
 - Java 8 Update (64 bit)

Java 8 update was causing the issue I feel. I checked in my colleague's
system and he had Java 7 update.

Hope that helps who face similar problem.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Cheers!

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.