Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/03 10:09:46 UTC

Download URL of commons-logging

Hi all,

I am currently cleaning up and improving the download mechanism of the
external tarballs.  Most of them (all that are used by the AOO34 branch)
can now be found on apache-extras [1].  However, that is intended only
as a fallback in case the tarballs can not be downloaded directly from
their original download server.  At the moment we use the SVN repository
as a secondary fallback.  I will remove that maybe next week.

I need help regarding the original download site of one of the apache
commons libraries.  The general download page for
commons-logging-1.1.1-src.tar.gz is [2].  I don't know how to produce a
URL that does not contain a specific mirror but instead is resolved by
the server.

Does anybody know how to do that?

Andre

[1] https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/ooo-extras/
[2] http://commons.apache.org/logging/download_logging.cgi

PS: I changed my email address from af@a-w-f.de to
awf.aoo@googlemail.com, but I am still the same person.

Re: Download URL of commons-logging

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 7 August 2012 09:00, Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06.08.2012 21:20, sebb wrote:

>>> Is this an instance of maven that uses commons-logging or one that builds
>>> (and distributes) it?
>>
>> Not sure I understand the questions.
>>
>> That URL is where Maven projects will download Commons Logging from if
>> they have a dependency (direct or indirect) on it.
>>
>> It is the default Maven repository which is embedded in Maven, but
>> there's no reason why you should not download jars from it using Ant
>> or any other build tool.
>

> So essentially this is the apache-extras of maven.  Their own backup copy of
> commons-logging.

No, it's not.
It's the standard way of distributing Maven dependencies.

> In that case we can use our own where we can make sure
> that the right version is kept.

You'll need to run that past infra.

But why bother, when the Maven repository is available?
It holds all released copies of commons-logging, and the servers are
replicated to handle the bandwidth.

Posted by Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com>.
On 06.08.2012 21:20, sebb wrote:
> On 6 August 2012 16:31, Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> You could perhaps download from Maven Central instead:
>>>
>>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-logging/
>>
>> Is this an instance of maven that uses commons-logging or one that builds
>> (and distributes) it?
> Not sure I understand the questions.
>
> That URL is where Maven projects will download Commons Logging from if
> they have a dependency (direct or indirect) on it.
>
> It is the default Maven repository which is embedded in Maven, but
> there's no reason why you should not download jars from it using Ant
> or any other build tool.

So essentially this is the apache-extras of maven.  Their own backup
copy of commons-logging.  In that case we can use our own where we can

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.