Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ryan Webb <we...@hotmail.com> on 2008/02/29 08:44:23 UTC

I can't access my webapplication from another computer

Hello,

I am new to Tomcat and i wish you would lend a hand.

Here's the situation:
I installed Tomcat 6.0.14 full install and I copied my .war file into /webapps
I checked if my webapplication is running by typing http://localhost/webapplication/login.jsp
and it worked ok..

Problem:
Unfortunately, when I tried to access my webapplication from another computer, I tried to type from url:
http://192.168.1.2/webapplication/login.jsp, the browser always gives the "Page cannot be displayed" page.
(where the IP address is the address which Tomcat 6 was installed).
Are there futher configurations needed to be done?

You may give me links / websites that relates to my problem (if you're not in the mood for explaining ha.ha!)

Thank you for reading my e-mail.

Godbless,
Ryan Webb -- from Philippines

Re: I can't access my webapplication from another computer

Posted by Partha Goswami <pa...@gmail.com>.
& also, check, Port 80 or 8080 is open or not..

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Caldarale, Charles R <
Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:

> > From: Ryan Webb [mailto:webb.ryan@hotmail.com]
> > Subject: I can't access my webapplication from another computer
> >
> > Unfortunately, when I tried to access my webapplication from
> > another computer, I tried to type from url:
> > http://192.168.1.2/webapplication/login.jsp, the browser
> > always gives the "Page cannot be displayed" page.
>
> 1) Verify that you can ping 192.168.1.2 from the other computer.
>
> 2) Check for any firewall or other port disabling mechanism between the
> two computers.
>
>  - Chuck

Regards
Partha Goswami
Solaris/Open solaris User Group
www.solaris-user-group.org

RE: I can't access my webapplication from another computer

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Ryan Webb [mailto:webb.ryan@hotmail.com]
> Subject: I can't access my webapplication from another computer
>
> Unfortunately, when I tried to access my webapplication from
> another computer, I tried to type from url:
> http://192.168.1.2/webapplication/login.jsp, the browser
> always gives the "Page cannot be displayed" page.

1) Verify that you can ping 192.168.1.2 from the other computer.

2) Check for any firewall or other port disabling mechanism between the
two computers.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: I can't access my webapplication from another computer

Posted by Partha Goswami <pa...@gmail.com>.
can not comment, anything, Untill U r telling me, your Operating System

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2008/2/29, Ryan Webb <we...@hotmail.com>:

> Yes I think the machine which tomcat has been installled has firewall
> enabled Windows firewall..
> Do you think that is the problem?

Probably. Configure Windows Firewall to open the port on which Tomcat runs.

Antonio

RE: I can't access my webapplication from another computer

Posted by Ryan Webb <we...@hotmail.com>.
Dear Antonio,

Yes I think the machine which tomcat has been installled has firewall enabled Windows firewall..
Do you think that is the problem?

Thank you for replying on short notice.

GodBless,
Ryan Webb - Philippines> Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 08:47:14 +0100> From: antonio.petrelli@gmail.com> To: users@tomcat.apache.org> Subject: Re: I can't access my webapplication from another computer> > 2008/2/29, Ryan Webb <we...@hotmail.com>:> >> > http://192.168.1.2/webapplication/login.jsp> > > > Is the machine behind a firewall (even software firewall)?> Is your client computer in the same subnet of your server?> > Antonio

Re: I can't access my webapplication from another computer

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Partha Goswami <pa...@gmail.com>.
humm,

Go the other computer, from where, u want to see, Go, its, command mode, &
type,
ping 192.168.1.2  & send, me the output.

Posted by Ryan Webb <we...@hotmail.com>.
Dear Partha,

Ryan Webb -- Philippines> Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 13:16:56 +0530> From: parthagoswami06@gmail.com> To: users@tomcat.apache.org> Subject: Re: I can't access my webapplication from another computer> > what's the tomcat port? & ur OS ?> > On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 1:14 PM, Ryan Webb <we...@hotmail.com> wrote:> > >> > Hello,> >> > I am new to Tomcat and i wish you would lend a hand.> >> > Here's the situation:> > I installed Tomcat 6.0.14 full install and I copied my .war file into> > /webapps> > I checked if my webapplication is running by typing> > http://localhost/webapplication/login.jsp> > and it worked ok..> >> > Problem:> > Unfortunately, when I tried to access my webapplication from another> > computer, I tried to type from url:> > http://192.168.1.2/webapplication/login.jsp, the browser always gives the> > "Page cannot be displayed" page.> > (where the IP address is the address which Tomcat 6 was installed).> > Are there futher configurations needed to be done?> >> > You may give me links / websites that relates to my problem (if you're not> > in the mood for explaining ha.ha!)> >> > Thank you for reading my e-mail.> >> > Godbless,> > Ryan Webb -- from Philippines> > _________________________________________________________________> > Get your free suite of Windows Live services today!> > http://www.get.live.com/wl/all> > > > > -- > Regards> Partha Goswami> Solaris/Open solaris User Group> www.solaris-user-group.org

Posted by Partha Goswami <pa...@gmail.com>.
what's the tomcat port? & ur OS ?