Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bruno Melloni <Br...@wnco.com> on 2006/10/19 16:44:33 UTC

Drag-and-drop struts-aware IDE?

We are constantly getting pressure to consider .NET development because
it is faster than our traditional J2EE/Struts work.  After an in-depth
comparison of the two, the main advantage of .NET in regard to "speed of
development" seems to be that you can easily drag and drop a few
controls, build and presto!  You get a running application.

I was wondering if there are any *good* IDEs or preferably Eclipse
plug-ins that support this type of behavior for a recent version of
Struts (1.2.9, 1.3.5, or 2.0.x).  I know that IBM's RAD6 is supposed to
do this, but apparently it is still hopelessly stuck at Struts 1.1.

Any advice would be welcome.

Re: Drag-and-drop struts-aware IDE?

Posted by "Peter L. Berghold" <Pe...@berghold.net>.

Re: Drag-and-drop struts-aware IDE?

Posted by Medicherla Lakshmi <la...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi,

  I agree with ur opinion.  I feel that the asp taglibrary is very helpful in using many controls and components in .NET and this is available by default which they do not need to include seperately.

Bruno Melloni <Br...@wnco.com> wrote:
  We are constantly getting pressure to consider .NET development because
it is faster than our traditional J2EE/Struts work. After an in-depth
comparison of the two, the main advantage of .NET in regard to "speed of
development" seems to be that you can easily drag and drop a few
controls, build and presto! You get a running application.

I was wondering if there are any *good* IDEs or preferably Eclipse
plug-ins that support this type of behavior for a recent version of
Struts (1.2.9, 1.3.5, or 2.0.x). I know that IBM's RAD6 is supposed to
do this, but apparently it is still hopelessly stuck at Struts 1.1.

Any advice would be welcome.

 Find out what India is talking about on  - Yahoo! Answers India