Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Aysha Saddiqa <ay...@yahoo.com> on 2013/02/14 11:14:32 UTC

Error in Script

Please guide me why "red5-debug.bat" and "red5.bat" are not working properly.

"Error: Could not find or load main class org.red5.server.bootstrap"

Re: Error in Script

Posted by Robert Chalmers <ro...@gmail.com>.
Aysha,
what is the path to your install directory?

Are you installed all in
C:\red5

RC

RE: Error in Script

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.
Did you compile the OM or download the prebuilt file?

What version is it?

From: Aysha Saddiqa <ay...@yahoo.com>
To: "user@openmeetings.apache.org" <us...@openmeetings.apache.org>
Date: Thursday, February 14, 2013, 5:31 AM

Can you tell me which is the root directory?

________________________________

You should start them from the root directory of your repository

http://www.codetwo.com

Re: Error in Script

Posted by Robert Chalmers <ro...@gmail.com>.
You MUST have CLASSPATH set in your windows environment.
The red5 bootstrap class is in the boot.jar and this is the only jar that
needs to be on the classpath when starting red5.

For example, on a *nix server, it's something like this.

export CLASSPATH=/usr/share/red5/lib/slf4j-api-1.5.10.jar:/usr/share/red5/lib/logback-core-0.9.18.jar:/usr/share/red5/lib/logback-classic-0.9.18.jar

Re: Error in Script

Posted by Aysha Saddiqa <ay...@yahoo.com>.
I studied a lot for my this issue it said main class  "org.red5.server.bootstrap" is missing in boot.jar. The program exit.
Can it be the reason of this issue?

________________________________

The same directory where you have the license.txt file.
So just go to the command line and cd to that directory.
From there run red5*

RE: Error in Script

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.
Hi Aysha,

I’ve finished building a VM with Windows 7 and the latest OM and it runs successfully.

Can you tell me the output of these please:

echo %PATH%

echo %JAVA_HOME%

Best Regards

RE: Error in Script

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.
In your case it will be

Re: Error in Script

Posted by Aysha Saddiqa <ay...@yahoo.com>.
licence.txt of which folder?

________________________________
The same directory where you have the license.txt file.
So just go to the command line and cd to that directory.
From there run red5*

Re: Error in Script

Posted by Vieri <re...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Error in Script

Posted by Aysha Saddiqa <ay...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Error in Script

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: Error in Script

Posted by Robert Chalmers <ro...@gmail.com>.
As I said . if you don't have CLASSPATH set, it wont work.

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]****

(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.****

** **

C:\Documents and Settings\Robert>echo %CLASSPATH%****

*.;C:\PROGRA~1\Java\jdk1.6.0_25\lib*****

** **

C:\Documents and Settings\Robert>

Notice in the output above, that the CLASSPATH starts with a dot.   ->> *.*<<-