Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Emma Johansson <Em...@su.eip.ericsson.se> on 2002/10/10 16:50:47 UTC

soap, tomcat & directories

Hi!

I have created a SOAP Service and compiled it, but am not sure of in
which directory to place it.
Right now both the .java and .class files are placed in
/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/webapps/soap/WEB-INF/classes/onjava/

I'm also wondering about the deployment descriptor. Mine looks like
this:
<isd:service xmlns:isd="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment"
id="urn:onjavaserver">
    <isd:provider type="java" scope="Application" methods="add
subtract">
        <isd:java class="onjava.CalcService"/>
    </isd:provider>

<isd:faultListener>org.apache.soap.server.DOMFaultListener</isd:faultListener>

</isd:service>

As what should I save it and in which directory?
Do I have to compile this code? If so, how?

The same problem appears with the client, where should I save it?

regards,
Emma

Re: soap, tomcat & directories

Posted by Emma Johansson <Em...@su.eip.ericsson.se>.
Sorry, I forgot to mension that I'm using jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12

Re: soap, tomcat & directories

Posted by Emma Johansson <Em...@su.eip.ericsson.se>.

Re: soap, tomcat & directories

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
What is the URL the client is trying to connect to?  If you are running
the sample exactly as shown at
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2002/02/27/tomcat.html?page=3, Tomcat
must be running on the same machine on port 8080.

Scott Nichol

Re: soap, tomcat & directories

Posted by Emma Johansson <Em...@su.eip.ericsson.se>.
Ok, thanx!!

Re: soap, tomcat & directories

Posted by Emma Johansson <Em...@su.eip.ericsson.se>.
Ok, thanx!!

Re: soap, tomcat & directories

Re: soap, tomcat & directories

Re: soap, tomcat & directories

Posted by Emma Johansson <Em...@su.eip.ericsson.se>.
Hi Scott!

Thank you so much for helping me!

Yes, I have the line
    package onjava;
both in my CalcService.java and CalcClient.java

I am still wondering about the client.class file. You said that I need to

Re: soap, tomcat & directories

Posted by Emma Johansson <Em...@su.eip.ericsson.se>.
Hi Scott!

Re: soap, tomcat & directories