Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Alexei Osipov <os...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/01 18:45:12 UTC

Running James without docker: broken link

Hello,

I've wanted to try James without docker but the link
"https://james.apache.org/install.html" from James main site
("https://james.apache.org/") points to an invalid page (404 Not found).

Could you please point to a correct place with the instruction?

The broken link is located in the section "Get Started With James" -
"ALTERNATIVES" on https://james.apache.org/

Best regards,

Alexei Osipov.

Re: Running James without docker: broken link

Posted by cryptearth <cr...@cryptearth.de>.
Hello Rene,

ah, I see. Sure, as Java 11 is current LTS it makes sense to set it as
requirement instead of Java 9 or Java 10. And it doesn't require
tweaking to have the correct root certificate to make it work but works
out of the box. I only still use Java 8 because, as said, someone
mentioned that James isn't meant to be ready yet to be used with
anything newer (if I remember I had some issues after upgrade from leap
42.3 to 15.0) - I'll give it a try with at least Java 11 at see how it
performs.

Matt

Posted by Rene Cordier <rc...@apache.org>.
Hello Matt,