Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2013/02/18 07:36:35 UTC

GiB or GB

Hi,

In the API, when we talk about GB, do we mean GiB or literally GB?

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Re: GiB or GB

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 12:36:55PM +0530, Rohit Yadav wrote:
> Mike we should do that, can you file a doc bug? Thanks.
>
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Mike Tutkowski
> <mi...@solidfire.com> wrote:
> > Cool...I wonder if that is something we should document since that is
> > technically a GiB?

I'd suggest that we don't change everything to GiB.  Technically, it's
accurate.  However I'd bet that most users would be confused by the
introduction of GiB into the docs, unless the documentation was only to
clarify that references to GBs are actually GiBs, but are kept as GB for
the purpose of reader / user understanding.

There's a reason that the industry still uses GB's everywhere...  ;-)

Re: GiB or GB

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.

Re: GiB or GB

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.