Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/01 09:44:10 UTC

Re: Google Summer of Code 2009

Khaled,

I'm not sure projects about documentation would really get a lot of
attention, but you're absolutely right about the problems with our
documentation.  Actually, I think the problem is twofold:
- some areas are probably really underdocumented and you can hardly
find anything about it on the website
- most things do have some kind of documentation, but the organisation
of the documentation is really bad

Especially for ServiceMix 4, the documentation seems to be all
scattered around: you'll find bits in the ServiceMix Kernel wiki, the
NMR wiki and for the components and the Maven tools you'll have to go
into the main ServiceMix (3) wiki/website.

With all that being said, we're particularly open to any kind of
suggestion on how to improve things (or even a helping hand ;) ).
Could you give us an overview of the information you were looking for
so we can figure out a way to get that together to start with or
something?

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Posted by Lars Heinemann <lh...@apache.org>.
JB,

that seems to be a nice idea. +1 from my side. DocBook is the right
approach I would think.

Regards
Lars

--
http://lhein.blogspot.com

Re: Google Summer of Code 2009

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Here is a link where discussions about the EJB container Apache openEJB
(osgified) and integration with servicemix integration have been discussed
(jira link + discussion)

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/openejb-users/200902.mbox/%3C22221368.post@talk.nabble.com%3E

Remark : i completely agrees with the documentation comments. We need to
improve and propose something similar to the wiki web site of Camel (where
the doc can be generated in PDF)

Regards,

Charles

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Khaled,

Posted by Khaled Essghaier <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gert,
Sorry for the late response.I am working in my graduation project so i am
pretty busy until June which make me not very useful until then but i will
glad to help in making things better.
Some of use cases of my application i am about to develop are :

   - To be able to invoke EJB3 functionality from within SM4 and vice versa
   - To use BPEL for orchestration of services

what is very surprising is the fact that no one have the right answer at
least for the first use case, i am may not be very skilled
or experimented but i thought that using an ESB is in part about integration
between legacy apps and new ones and in most cases they are JEE apps but
that's me :)