Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Paulo Silveira <ps...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/30 19:44:52 UTC

Parsing XML Schema

Hi All,

I need to parse a XML Schema to get information about the types declared in
it.

I implemented as following:

XmlObject xobj = XmlObject.Factory.parse(myXSDFile);
SchemaTypeLoader schemaLoader = XmlBeans.loadXsd(new XmlObject[]{xobj});

QName qname = new QName(myTypeName);

SchemaType st = schemaLoader.findType(qname);
st.getFacet(SchemaType.FACET_...);

Is it a good way to implement it?

I need to get facet restriction from a XML Schema in runtime.

Thanks,
Paulo

Re: Parsing XML Schema

Posted by Radu Preotiuc-Pietro <ra...@bea.com>.
Looks reasonable to me. You may want to also look at
XmlBeans.compileXsd(). The advantage of compileXsd() over loadXsd() is
that it allows you to then enumerate all the types that existed in the
Schema. But if know the name of the type, loadXsd() whould suffice and
it is easier to use. So your code is good.

Radu

On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 13:44 -0400, Paulo Silveira wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I need to parse a XML Schema to get information about the types
> declared in it.
>
> I implemented as following:
>
> XmlObject xobj = XmlObject.Factory.parse(myXSDFile);
> SchemaTypeLoader schemaLoader = XmlBeans.loadXsd(new
> XmlObject[]{xobj});
>
> QName qname = new QName(myTypeName);
>
> SchemaType st = schemaLoader.findType(qname);
> st.getFacet(SchemaType.FACET_...);
>
> Is it a good way to implement it?
>
> I need to get facet restriction from a XML Schema in runtime.
>
> Thanks,
> Paulo

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.