Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Jean Georges PERRIN <jg...@4js.com> on 2001/02/28 09:43:14 UTC

C++ vs. Java

Hi,

I am pretty new to the Xalan list & world but I am a Xerces C++ user.

It really sounds like most of you guys are Java oriented (which is not a
seakness, but... :-) ), however, some guys are more oriented towards C++.

Versions and implementations of products are surely different (thus I did
not have a look a Xalan J), as it is the case w/ Xerces.

However, reagarding the list, it really looks like the Xerces mailing list
before the Xerces-C & Xerces-J mailing list, it begins to be very confusing.

Some times ago some people did ask for a split.

I am voting for split, and if I allow my self to do it, would ask you to
take position about it. So +1 for split.

Thanks.

Jean Georges PERRIN
--
Four J's Development Tools (www.4js.com)