Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/18 21:55:22 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Storm 0.10.0

I’d like to get everyone’s opinion on releasing Storm 0.10.0.

Attached is the change log for everything that is currently in the 0.10.x-branch.

Is there anything glaring missing from that list that I might have missed?

-Taylor

## 0.10.0
 * STORM-786: KafkaBolt should ack tick tuples
 * STORM-512: KafkaBolt doesn't handle ticks properly
 * STORM-788: Fix key for process latencies
 * STORM-748: Package Multi-Lang scripts so they don't have to be duplicated
 * STORM-563. Kafka Spout doesn't pick up from the beginning of the queue unless forceFromStart specified.
 * STORM-615: Add REST API to upload topology.
 * STORM-807: quote args correctly in /bin/storm
 * STORM-686: Add worker-launcher to storm-dist.
 * STORM-789: Send more topology context to Multi-Lang components via initial handshake
 * STORM-764: Have option to compress thrift heartbeat
 * STORM-766 (Include version info in the service page)
 * STORM-765: Thrift serialization for local state.
 * STORM-762: uptime for worker heartbeats is lost when converted to thrift
 * STORM-750: Set Config serialVersionUID
 * STORM-714: Make CSS more consistent with self, prev release
 * STORM-796: Add support for "error" command in ShellSpout
 * STORM-745: fix storm.cmd to evaluate 'shift' correctly with 'storm jar'
 * STORM-681: Auto insert license header with genthrift.sh
 * STORM-707: Client (Netty): improve logging to help troubleshooting connection woes
 * STORM-699: storm-jdbc should support custom insert queries.
 * STORM-625: Don't leak netty clients when worker moves or reuse netty client.
 * STORM-682: supervisor should handle worker state corruption gracefully.
 * STORM-446: Allow superusers to impersonate other users in secure mode.
 * STORM-659: return grep matches each on its own line.
 * STORM-693: KafkaBolt exception handling improvement.
 * STORM-675: Allow users to have storm-env.sh under config dir to set custom JAVA_HOME and other env variables.
 * STORM-539: Storm Hive Connector.
 * STORM-616: Storm JDBC Connector.
 * STORM-329: fix cascading Storm failure by improving reconnection strategy and buffering messages (thanks tedxia)
 * STORM-641: Add total number of topologies to api/v1/cluster/summary.
 * STORM-640: Storm UI vulnerable to poodle attack.
 * STORM-651: improvements to storm.cmd
 * STORM-456: Storm UI: cannot navigate to topology page when name contains spaces.
 * STORM-627: Storm-hbase configuration error.
 * STORM-248: cluster.xml location is hardcoded for workers
 * STORM-322: Windows script do not handle spaces in JAVA_HOME path
 * STORM-586: Trident kafka spout fails instead of updating offset when kafka offset is out of range.
 * STORM-595: storm-hdfs can only work with sequence files that use Writables.
 * STORM-487: Remove storm.cmd, no need to duplicate work python runs on windows too.
 * STORM-585: Performance issue in none grouping
 * STORM-525: Add time sorting function to the 2nd col of bolt exec table
 * STORM-548: Receive Thread Shutdown hook should connect to local hostname but not Localhost
 * STORM-567: Move Storm Documentation/Website from SVN to git
 * STORM-533: Add in client and server IConnection metrics.
 * STORM-572: Storm UI 'favicon.ico'
 * STORM-572: Allow Users to pass TEST-TIMEOUT-MS for java
 * STORM-571: upgrade clj-time.
 * STORM-569: Add Conf for bolt's outgoing overflow-buffer.
 * STORM-565: Fix NPE when topology.groups is null.
 * STORM-575: Ability to specify Jetty host to bind to
 * STORM-577: long time launch worker will block supervisor heartbeat
 * STORM-505: Fix debug string construction
 * STORM-613: Fix wrong getOffset return value
 * STORM-612: Update the contact address in configure.ac
 * STORM-611: Remove extra "break"s
 * STORM-610: Check the return value of fts_close()
 * STORM-442: multilang ShellBolt/ShellSpout die() can be hang when Exception happened
 * STORM-410: Add groups support to log-viewer
 * STORM-444: Add AutoHDFS like credential fetching for HBase
 * STORM-552: Add netty socket backlog config
 * STORM-578: Calls to submit-mocked-assignment in supervisor-test use invalid executor-id format
 * STORM-600: upgrade jacoco plugin to support jdk8
 * STORM-495: KafkaSpout retries with exponential backoff
 * STORM-620: Duplicate maven plugin declaration
 * STORM-599: Use nimbus's cached heartbeats rather than fetching again from ZK
 * STORM-559: ZkHosts in README should use 2181 as port.
 * STORM-243: Record version and revision information in builds
 * STORM-630: Support for Clojure 1.6.0
 * STORM-629: Place Link to Source Code Repository on Webpage
 * STORM-632: New grouping for better load balancing
 * STORM-527: update worker.clj -- delete "missing-tasks" checking
 * STORM-623: Generate latest javadocs
 * STORM-635: logviewer returns 404 if storm_home/logs is a symlinked dir.
 * STORM-636: Faster, optional retrieval of last component error
 * STORM-608: Storm UI CSRF escape characters not work correctly.
 * STORM-626: Add script to print out the merge command for a given pull request.
 * STORM-601: Make jira-github-join ignore case.
 * STORM-667: Incorrect capitalization "SHell" in Multilang-protocol.md
 * STORM-637: Integrate PartialKeyGrouping into storm API
 * STORM-672: Typo in Trident documentation example
 * STORM-400: Thrift upgrade to thrift-0.9.2
 * STORM-673: Typo 'deamon' in security documentation
 * STORM-441: Remove bootstrap macro from Clojure codebase
 * STORM-609: Add storm-redis to storm external
 * STORM-130: Supervisor getting killed due to java.io.FileNotFoundException: File '../stormconf.ser' does not exist.
 * STORM-684: In RichSpoutBatchExecutor: underlying spout is not closed when emitter is closed
 * STORM-683: Make false in a conf really evaluate to false in clojure.
 * STORM-685: wrong output in log when committed offset is too far behind latest offset
 * STORM-688: update Util to compile under JDK8
 * STORM-687: Storm UI does not display up to date information despite refreshes in IE
 * STORM-557: High Quality Images for presentations
 * STORM-554: the type of first param "topology" should be ^StormTopology not ^TopologyContext
 * STORM-469: Storm UI Last Error Detail Insufficient for debugging
 * STORM-656: Document "external" modules and "Committer Sponsors"
 * STORM-657: make the shutdown-worker sleep time before kill -9 configurable
 * STORM-663: Create javadocs for BoltDeclarer
 * STORM-690: Return Jedis into JedisPool with marking 'broken' if connection is broken
 * STORM-669: Replace links with ones to latest api document
 * STORM-670: restore java 1.6 compatibility (storm-kafka)
 * STORM-696: Single Namespace Test Launching
 * STORM-689: SimpleACLAuthorizer should provide a way to restrict who can submit topologies.
 * STORM-541: Build produces maven warnings
 * STORM-634: Storm serialization changed to thrift to support rolling upgrade.
 * STORM-570: Switch from tablesorter to datatables jquery plugin.
 * STORM-723: Remove RedisStateSetUpdater / RedisStateSetCountQuerier which didn't tested and have a bug
 * STORM-749: Removing CSRF check from REST API.

Fwd: [DISCUSS] Release Storm 0.10.0

Posted by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com>.
We can refer STORM-737 to https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/557 since it
seems to be more cleaner.

Posted by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Derek,

No need for a second pull request unless you feel it should be reviewed separately from the one against master (for example if there are a bunch of conflicts and you think it warrants a separate review).

I’ll also volunteer to do a performance regression test of that patch against the 0.10.x branch.

-Taylor

Posted by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com>.
Great! I'm looking forward to see 0.10.0 officially.

Our project needs feature about submitting / killing topology dynamically,
and we have been done with scheduling job which runs bash script with mesos
+ chronos but I really wanna get rid of mesos + chronos.
I hope that new features on REST API help us a lot.

Thanks!

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jungtaek,

Posted by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
It's in master now.

-Taylor

Posted by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.

Posted by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com>.
Taylor,

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Parth Brahmbhatt <pb...@hortonworks.com>.
I just posted a storm-jdbc PR today morning which is a backward
incompatible change , it is relatively easy to review and given how hard
it is to push something backward incompatible I recommend we review it and
pull in in 0.10.

Here is the PR : https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/556
Here is the JIRA : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-821

Thanks