Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Luca Toscano <to...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/01 11:05:15 UTC

Travis CI failures

Hi everybody,

Travis seems not able to deliver emails to dev@, I opened a jira to
Infra: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19508

I noticed some errors during the last builds, not code-related but
CI-related: (https://travis-ci.org/apache/httpd/builds)

1)
+svn export -q https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/test/framework/trunk
test/perl-framework
svn: E205011: Failure occurred processing one or more externals definitions
The command "./test/travis_before_${TRAVIS_OS_NAME}.sh" failed and
exited with 1 during .

I can repro the problem on my laptop as well, and if I remove the -q I can see:

[..]
A    test/perl-framework/build/config.pl
A    test/perl-framework/scripts/fpm.sh
A    test/perl-framework/LICENSE

Fetching external item into 'test/perl-framework/Apache-Test':
svn: warning: W170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/Apache-Test/trunk'

Exported revision 1870670.
svn: E205011: Failure occurred processing one or more externals definitions

Checking out the Apache-Test/trunk repo directly works, really strange..

2)
++svn info --show-item last-changed-revision
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/branches/1.7.x
svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/branches/1.7.x'
svn: E000111: Error running context: Connection refused

+local revision=
+test -f /home/travis/root/apr-1.7.x/.revision-is-
+rm -rf /home/travis/root/apr-1.7.x
+test -d /home/travis/root/apr-1.7.x

+svn export -q -r
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/branches/1.7.x
/home/travis/build/apr-1.7.x
svn: E205000: Syntax error in revision argument
'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/branches/1.7.x'
The command "./test/travis_before_${TRAVIS_OS_NAME}.sh" failed and
exited with 1 during .

This one seems more a temporary connectivity issue, so I am wondering
if we should add a basic and limited retry/backoff logic in CI to make
the external fetch operations more resilient to network glitches.

Joe any opinion?

Luca

Re: Travis CI failures

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.

Looks like dev@httpd has to be verified somehow...I'll see what I can find.

Re: Travis CI failures

Posted by Luca Toscano <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: Travis CI failures

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Sun, Dec 01, 2019 at 12:05:15PM +0100, Luca Toscano wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Travis seems not able to deliver emails to dev@, I opened a jira to
> Infra: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19508

Thanks!

> +svn export -q -r
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/branches/1.7.x
> /home/travis/build/apr-1.7.x
> svn: E205000: Syntax error in revision argument
> 'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/branches/1.7.x'
> The command "./test/travis_before_${TRAVIS_OS_NAME}.sh" failed and
> exited with 1 during .
>
> This one seems more a temporary connectivity issue, so I am wondering
> if we should add a basic and limited retry/backoff logic in CI to make
> the external fetch operations more resilient to network glitches.

Looks like a brief outage yesterday -

https://status.apache.org/incidents/nbl2fw5f63fx

Yeah, I think it's good idea to retry that svn export a few times, I
think I have seen it fail with some network error before.  I'd also
considered caching the perl-framework checkout but would then need to
duplicate the latest-revision checking stuff.

Regards, Joe