Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Fabien COELHO <co...@cri.ensmp.fr> on 1999/10/16 16:37:24 UTC

Re: Nestable config directives.

> I _immediately_ went and downloaded it, hoping against hope that it would
> show the way to an implementation of what I want.  Unfortunately, it looks
> to me very much like it just registers a '<Macro' directive, and once found
> scans to the '</Macro>' directive.

Yeah, pretty simple;-)

> Not as elegant as I was hoping for!

Well, I found it somewhat elegant... as it works;-)

It's textual only, directives are not parsed. This allow to substitute
arguments and to parse after that, and to avoid assumptions about the
lexical structure of the configuration file.

The support from http_core is really minimal. Thus I'm afraid there is no
'elegant' and 'intelligent' solution without relying on some cooperation
from the module themselves, and that could not be generic nor parametric.

Have a nice day,

--
Fabien Coelho ___ coelho@cri.ensmp.fr ___ http://www.cri.ensmp.fr/~coelho