Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2012/12/14 07:53:14 UTC

Flash Builder 4.6/4.7 and Apache Flex

Hi,

Adobe nicely sent me my free FB 4.7 serial and looks like it expects a slightly different format for the SDK than we expect.

1. Compile from source code (RC2)
2. Run ide/fashbuilder/makeApacheFlexForFlashBuilder.sh to package up SDK that something FB can use.

FB 4.6 recognised the packaged SDK however FB 4.7 doesn't. Is the makeApacheFlexForFlashBuilder.sh script up to date? Have I missed any other required steps?

FB 4.7 gives the error "Directory does not contain a Flex SDK". Anyone know exactly what FB 4.7 expects where?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Flash Builder 4.6/4.7 and Apache Flex

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Did you try the installer with 4.8?  Does it work with FB 4.7?
Yep Apache Flex 4.7 does recognise a Apache Flex 4.8 SDK.

> I remember Carol mentioning that the scripts are out of date.
Hopefully that's the case and it won't take too much work to fix.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Did you try the installer with 4.8?  Does it work with FB 4.7?
Well actually while it recognised the SDK I just tried it out on a project and I get an error "Interface ISWFContext was not found.", the same 4.8 SDK works fine in FB 4.6.

I think that may be something to do with embedded fonts/TLF?

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 13, 2012 10:53 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Adobe nicely sent me my free FB 4.7 serial and looks like it expects a
slightly different format for the SDK than we expect.

> 1. Compile from source code (RC2)
> 2. Run ide/fashbuilder/makeApacheFlexForFlashBuilder.sh to package up SDK
that something FB can use.

> FB 4.6 recognised the packaged SDK however FB 4.7 doesn't. Is the
makeApacheFlexForFlashBuilder.sh script up to date? Have I missed any other
required steps?

> FB 4.7 gives the error "Directory does not contain a Flex SDK". Anyone
know exactly what FB 4.7 expects where?

> Thanks,
> Justin

Did you try the installer with 4.8?  Does it work with FB 4.7?

I remember Carol mentioning that the scripts are out of date.

Thanks,
Om