Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Coleman, Piers" <Pi...@worksafebc.com> on 2006/12/08 02:24:29 UTC

Null pointer exception when using the WSDL2Java tool

This is my first post, so here goes.

I'm new to the Java world for creating Web services and I'm trying to
use the WSDL2Java tool to generate my server-side skeleton code. The
results are below. The WSDL file imports the XSD files that it uses.

Could someone provide me with a few pointers on how to investigate this
further? I could post the WSDL as well.

Thanks in advance.

C:\WCA\PocWebService\Types>WSDL2Java.bat -uri PocService.wsdl -ss -sd -d
xmlbean
s -o ..\out -p services.pocservice
Using AXIS2_HOME:   C:\axis2-1.1
Using JAVA_HOME:    C:\j2sdk1.4.2_13
Retrieving schema at 'EmployerInfoResponse.xsd', relative to
'file:/C:/WCA/PocWe
bService/Types/'.
Retrieving schema at 'ContactTypes.xsd', relative to
'file:/C:/WCA/PocWebService
/Types/EmployerInfoResponse.xsd'.
Retrieving schema at 'EmployerInfoException.xsd', relative to
'file:/C:/WCA/PocW
ebService/Types/'.
Retrieving schema at 'EmployerInfoRequest.xsd', relative to
'file:/C:/WCA/PocWeb
Service/Types/'.
Dec 7, 2006 5:01:50 PM
org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder p
opulateService
SEVERE: java.lang.NullPointerException
Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException
: Error parsing WSDL
        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerat
ionEngine.java:112)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:32)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:21)
Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: null; nested exception is:
        java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.populateServi
ce(WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.java:250)
        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerat
ionEngine.java:103)
        ... 2 more
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.populateServi
ce(WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.java:235)
        ... 3 more

Find out about young workers' safety needs at www.demandsafety.ca

CONFIDENTIALITY DISCLAIMER

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information of WorkSafeBC - the Workers' Compensation Board. It is intended for review only by the person(s) named above. Dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited by all recipients unless expressly authorized otherwise. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.

Re: Null pointer exception when using the WSDL2Java tool

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Actually, your schema is invalid. You cannot import a namespace more
than once. Rather than this:

               <xsd:schema>
                       <xsd:import schemaLocation="EmployerInfoResponse.xsd"
                              namespace="urn:wsbc.com:webportal:messages"/>
                       <xsd:import schemaLocation="EmployerInfoException.xsd"
                              namespace="urn:wsbc.com:webportal:messages"/>
                       <xsd:import schemaLocation="EmployerInfoRequest.xsd"
                              namespace="urn:wsbc.com:webportal:messages"/>
               </xsd:schema>

you want to do this:

               <xsd:schema targetNamespace="urn:wsbc.com:webportal:messages">
                       <xsd:include schemaLocation="EmployerInfoResponse.xsd" />
                       <xsd:include
schemaLocation="EmployerInfoException.xsd" />
                       <xsd:include schemaLocation="EmployerInfoRequest.xsd" />
               </xsd:schema>

Anne

Posted by "Coleman, Piers" <Pi...@worksafebc.com>.
Done: