Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Peter Dawn <pe...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/29 05:11:25 UTC

contribtable help

hi all,

i have a contrib table which is displaying my search results. now i am
sorting based on date based on my search query. now as you would know,
the user is also able to sort manually by clicking on the individual
table headers and when they do that there is a green arrow displayed
next to the text indicating that, the table has been sorted based on
this column.
now when i do my default sorting based on date, the table is being
sorted, but it does not display the green arrow, indicating to the
user that the table has been already sorted based on date.

so the question is, how can i display a green arrow telling the user
that the table is currently sorted and if they want they can sort it
according to any other column.

any thoughts.

Re: contribtable help

Posted by Peter Dawn <pe...@gmail.com>.
mate works like magic. you are a life saver. thanks.

Re: contribtable help

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4/tapestry-contrib/ComponentReference/Table.html

"initialSortColumn"

On 6/28/06, Peter Dawn <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi all,
>
> i have a contrib table which is displaying my search results. now i am
> sorting based on date based on my search query. now as you would know,
> the user is also able to sort manually by clicking on the individual
> table headers and when they do that there is a green arrow displayed
> next to the text indicating that, the table has been sorted based on
> this column.
> now when i do my default sorting based on date, the table is being
> sorted, but it does not display the green arrow, indicating to the
> user that the table has been already sorted based on date.
>
> so the question is, how can i display a green arrow telling the user
> that the table is currently sorted and if they want they can sort it
> according to any other column.
>
> any thoughts.

Jesse Kuhnert
Tacos/Tapestry, team member/developer