Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com> on 2009/01/07 04:58:38 UTC

Can ConnectionLossException be thrown when using multiple hosts?

Can this be thrown when using multiple servers as long as > 1 of them is
online?
Trying to figure out of I should try some type of reconnect if a single
machine fails instead of failing altogether.

Kevin

--
Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: San Francisco, CA

RE: Can ConnectionLossException be thrown when using multiple hosts?

Posted by Benjamin Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com>.
just to clarify: you also get ConnectionLossException from syncronous requests if the request cannot be sent or no response is received.

ben

There are basically 2 cases where you can see connectionloss:

1) you call an operation on a session that is no longer alive

2) you are disconnected from a server when there are pending async
operations to that server (you made an async request which has not yet
completed)

Patrick

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.